1. Place stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Stir in rice. Cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, prosciutto and pine nuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion softens and prosciutto slightly crisps.
3. Add onion mixture and cheeses to rice. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
4. Shape tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Dip in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Place on a tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large, shallow saucepan over medium heat. Cook balls, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a rack. Place in oven to keep warm. Serve arancini balls warm.
Note- Once cooked, arancini balls can stand on a wire rack at room temperature for 3 hours. To reheat, place arancini balls on rack in a 200°C oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Mini Arancini Balls recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.