1. Heat oven to 190C/ Gas 5
2. Slice chicken breasts thinly, quarter the
mushrooms and cut broccolli into small florets.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
throw in pasta, stir well and return to the boil.
Cook for 6 minutes. Add the broccoli to the pan,
and cook for another 5-6 minutes until pasta is
just cooked. Drain well, then return to the pan.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken
pieces and fry quickly until lightly browned. Add
mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minutes.
5. Stir the pesto, soft cheese and cream into the
pan with the chicken. Bring to a gentle simmer,
stirring all the time until everything is mixed
together and melted. Season with salt and pepper
6. Pour the sauce evenly over the pasta, stirring
gently until all the pasta is coated.
7. Tip into a shallow ovenproof dish.
8. Make the topping- Finely slice the spring
onions, coarsely grate the cheese and finely chop
the garlic. Put in a bowl, add the flaked almonds
and mix together. Sprinkle evenly over the pasta.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp
and golden. Serve hot from the dish.