1. In a mixing bowl, rub orange zest and sugar together using a spatula till moist and fragrant before adding butter and whisk using an electric mixer till well combined.
2. Add one egg at a time, beating well in between each addition. Next scrap the vanilla beans from the pod and stir it into the egg mixture.
3. Sift flour mixture(flour, baking powder and salt) together and fold into egg batter in batches alternately with thickened cream (or fresh orange juice
) till there is no trace of flour. (do not over mix the batter)
4. Pour cake batter into prepared loaf pans and bake in preheated 175į Celsius oven for about 25 - 30 minutes until the top of cake is cracked and golden or a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
5. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool on wire rack.