1. First in a larger bowl, combine the flour, milk, water, sugar, eggs
2. Whisk until well combined and there are no lumps in the batter
3. Heat a nonstick skillet or pan over medium high heat.
4. Pour in about 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil.
5. Carefully ladle about 1/4 cup batter into skillet
6. Rotate skillet so the batter spreads out and thinly coats the
bottom of the skillet
7. Return skillet to heat and cook the crepe until edges turn golden
brown and lacy, and start to pull away from the skillet. Using a knife
or an offset spatula, carefully turn crepe over; cook other side until
8. Slide the crepe onto a heat-proof plate
9. Repeat with the remaining batter, stirring it befor making another
crepe. Stack cooked crepes on top of one another.
10. Peel the apples and cut them into 1 inch chunks
11. Place the apples in a medium bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice
and cinnamon. Toss to coat.
12. Melt the butter in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add
granulated sugar, and cook stirring occasionally, until sugar turns
amber in color. If caramel starts to get too dark, remove the skillet
13. Add apples and cook, turning apples over, until soft and
completely caramelized. Remove the apples from heat.
14. Combine the creme fraiche with the confectioners sugar in a
bowl. Whip the mixture a little.
15. Spoon a scant 1/2 c caramelized apples onto each crepe, and
dust lightly with confectioners sugar. Spoon the creme fraiche
mixture over the apples.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Caramelized Apple Crepes recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.