2 tbsp butter, melted and 1/2 tbsp for pecans and 1/2 lb for butter
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c pecans, chopped
1/2 tbsp tupelo honey
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 c peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
1/4 c brown sugar
pinch of sea salt
1. To Prep the Sweet Potato- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a fork, prick your sweet potato all over, and place it on a
rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Set
aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda,
and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and
melted butter, and then add this to the dry mixture.
4. Peel and mash the sweet potato, place it in a bowl, and then
add the honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix it well. Add this
mixture into the pancake batter. Let the batter stand for 1 hour (or
you can make it a day ahead of time).
5. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add
batter by the ladleful, and cook until the surface of each pancake is
covered with bubbles, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side
until golden, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve, topped with Peach Butter
and Spiced Pecans.
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add all the ingredients and cook until the pecans are lightly
brown and caramelized, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, cool,
and store in an airtight container
1. To Peel the Peaches- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Using a
small paring knife, slice a small “x” through the skin at the base of
each peach. Boil the peaches for 1 minute. Use a slotted spoon to
transfer the peaches to a bowl of ice water. Drain the peaches, and
peel. Remove the pits, dice your peaches, and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and salt until
light, about 1 minute. Add peaches, and beat until combined. Cover
and refrigerate until you are ready to serve
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Sweet Potato Pancakes, Spiced Pecans, Peach Butter recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.