1. In a medium size saucepan, put diced potatoes, peeled garlic cloves
and water and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, add the salt and
cook potatoes until tender.
2. Drain the water from the saucepan of cooked potatoes and garlic.
While still piping hot, mash the potatoes and garlic, either leave
some bits unmashed (for texture) or mash until smooth.
3. Add the extra virgin olive oil and evaporated milk and continue to
4. Mix in the grated Romano Cheese and season with pepper and salt
(optional and according to taste).
5. Fold-in the chopped chives. And serve hot or warm, with or without