1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices, drained, trimmed to fit bottom of muffin tins
6 Maraschino cherries, halved
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk plus 1 tsp vanilla extract mixed
1. Place oven rack in lowest position and heat over to 375. Using softened butter, grease two 6-cup nonstick muffin pans or one 12-cup pan(smaller pans will be easier to flip over later). Dust each cup with granulated sugar; tap out excess sugar.
2. Topping- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar and cook, stirring, over mediu, heat until sugar dissolves and mixture looks creamy and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon misture into bottoms of prepared muffin cups, about 1 Tbsp per cup.
3. Arrange trimmed pineapple slices on top of sugar mixture and place a cherry, cut side up, in the middle. Set aside.
4. CAKE BATTER. Whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl. In the large bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs until combined. With mixer on low, alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk mixture until batter is thick and smooth. Fill muffin cups. Tap pans on counter to settle batter.
5. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean. Let cakes cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert a large plate or platter over the top of each muffin pan, and flip pan over to release cakes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.