2. In bowl, mix dry ingredients together- flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
3. In mixing bowl, mix sugar and oil together on low speed. Add eggs and beat together till mixture is well mixed.
4. Add carrots to wet mixture.
5. Slowly add flour mixture. Turn mixture off to scrape the bowls. Mix well but do not over mix.
6. Pour batter into greased and dusted pans.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes for cakes and 20 - 25 minutes for cupcakes. Check for doneness by carefully touching cake to see if it bounces back. If it is not done, check every five minutes.
4. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then transfer cakes to plates or boards.
5. Let cakes cool. Turn cakes onto plates and cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours before decorating