1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into
1 cup beef consomme
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot
after being cooked
Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
Hot cooked rice
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce,
brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook
on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the
crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir
well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening,
try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop
with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your
desired consistency is reached).
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high
(the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice. Brown is best for