1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 24 standard (2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2) Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add 1/2 cup butter; beat at medium speed 30 seconds. Add 1 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
3) Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
4) Stir yogurt and preserves in medium bowl until well blended. Transfer to piping bag fitted with medium round tip. Insert tip into tops of cupcakes; squeeze bag gently to fill centers.
5) Beat 3 cups powdered sugar, remaining 3/4 cup butter, shortening, 4 tablespoons milk and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl at low speed until smooth. Add remaining 3 cups powdered sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add remaining milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to reach desired spreading consistancy. Add food coloring, a few drops at a time until desired color is reached.
5) Frost cupcakes; decorate with sugar pearls and decorating sugar.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.