1 package (about 14.5 oz.) gingerbread cake and cookie mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
White decorating icing and red decors (optional)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
If gingerbread cake mix is not available, substitute spice cake mix; add 2 teaspoons ground ginger.
Spice cake mix will make 22 to 24 cupcakes; use 12 for this recipe, and save others.
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 12 standard (2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2) Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, all spice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl at medium speed for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat granulated sugar and butter in large bowl at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fluffy. Add egg and molasses; beat until well blended. Add flour mix; beat low speed until well blended. Divide dough in half; wrap and regrigerate at last 2 hours or up to 24 hours (Only half the dough is needed. Freeze other half).
3) Prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
4) Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
5) Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll out half the dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut out shapes with 1 1/2-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place cutouts 1-inch apart on prepared cookies sheets.
6)Bake 5 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Cool on cookies sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
7) Decorate cookies with decorating icing and decors, if desired.
8) Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl at medium-high speed until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended.
9) Frost cupcakes; top with cookies.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Double Gingerbread Cupcakes recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.