1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 20 standard (2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2) Combine flour and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Gradually stir 2 bottles food coloring into cocoa in small bowl until smooth and well blended. Combine buttermilk and vanilla in another small bowl.
3) Beat granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl at medium speed for 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cocoa mix; beat until well blended and uniform in color. Alternately add flour mix and buttermilk mix, beating well after each addition. Stir vinegar into baking soda in small bowl; gently stir into batter (do not use mixer). Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
4) Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
5) Beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in another large bowl at medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar at low speed. Beat in milk until blended. Add additional food coloring, a few drops at a time, until desired shade is reached.Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with decorating sugar.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Blue Suede Cupcakes recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.