1. In a large stainless-steel bowl, combine all ingredients except
crab meat and bread crumbs.
2. Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread
3. Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface.
4. Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately two inches in
diameter. Place on crumbs.
5. Gently flatten the ball of crab mixture and round the edges. Form
cakes about one-half inch thick and three inches round. Refrigerate.
6. In a sauté pan, melt 2 tbsp. of oil until hot. Gently slide in
crab cakes 2 at a time.
7. Brown on one side approximately two-to-three minutes. Turn and
brown on the other side. Turn down heat to simmer and cook crab cakes
another 5-8 minutes.
While you may be tempted to increase the amount of bread crumbs used,
you’ll receive the best sauté results with the thin layer as