1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-well muffin
line the pan with paper muffin cups, and grease the cups.
2) To make the filling- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe
bowl, and heat
on low power for 40 seconds. Stir in the sugar and flavor. Set aside.
3) To make the muffin batter- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together
4) In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and oil.
5) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
6) Fold in the grated carrots, stirring to combine.
7) Drop about 2 tablespoons of the batter (a tablespoon cookie scoop
works well here) into each muffin cup, spreading it to cover the
8) Dollop on a heaping tablespoon of filling; a level tablespoon
cookie scoop works well here.
9) Cover with enough batter to fill the muffin cups quite full. The
batter will come to within about 1/4 to 3/8 of the top of each muffin
cup. But don't try to use all the batter unless you have particularly
deep cups, you'll have about 1/3 cup batter left over. Bake it in a
separate custard cup, if desired.