1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (8-oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
8 to 10 pepperoni slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook sausage and garlic in hot oil in a large
skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage crumbles
and is no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving
drippings in skillet. Drain sausage mixture on paper towels, and
transfer to a medium bowl. Stir marinara sauce and 1/2 tsp. salt into
2. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 5 minutes or
until tender; stir in olives and chopped pepperoni. Reserve 1/4 cup
3. Prepare pasta according to package directions in a large Dutch
4. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until
smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in half-
and-half; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 7 to 10 minutes
or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in fresh mozzarella
cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Pour
sauce over pasta in Dutch oven, stirring to coat. Stir in onion
5. Transfer pasta mixture to a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking
dish, and top with sausage mixture, packaged mozzarella cheese,
reserved 1/4 cup onion mixture, and pepperoni slices.
6. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and
lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Pizza Casserole Deluxe recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.