1. Cut tofu crosswise into 4 slices. Place tofu on several layers of
paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 10
minutes, pressing down occasionally. Cut each slice in half to
form 8 (3-inch) strips.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and
rinse with cold water; drain.
3. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, oil, 1
1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce, and sambal oelek in a medium bowl,
stirring with a whisk. Stir in cabbage, carrot, mushrooms, and mint;
toss gently to coat.
4. Add hot water to a large shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch.
Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or until
soft. Place a dry kitchen towel on a work surface. Place rice paper
sheet on towel. Place 1 basil leaf on bottom third of sheet,
leaving a 2-inch border; top with 1 tofu slice, about 3
tablespoons cabbage mixture, about 2 tablespoons noodles, and
1 onion slice. Fold bottom of sheet over filling. Fold sides of
sheet over filling; starting with filled side, roll up, jelly-roll
fashion. Gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on
a serving platter (cover to keep from drying). Repeat procedure
with remaining wrappers, basil, tofu, cabbage mixture, noodles,
5. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon
soy sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon hoisin, peanut butter, and 1
tablespoon water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve with
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Basil Summer Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.