2 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ˝ teaspoons baking powder
1 ˝ teaspoons baking soda
1 ˝ teaspoons salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder,
baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a separate
4. Whisk the egg mixture into the sugar-flour mixture by hand
5. Whisk in boiling water just until combined. The batter will be
6. Pour batter into baking tin. Bake until a tester inserted
comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes in a convection oven or 25
to 30 minutes in a conventional oven.
the cake- you can make three 8-inch or 9-inch pans. 12-16
You can substitute 6 tablespoons of the oil in the recipe for six
tablespoons of tahini.