1. Blend flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Put aside.
2. Mix butter, brown sugar and eff until smooth.
3. Add unsulfured molasses and beat until fluffy.
4. Add vanilla extract.
5. Add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time. Should be a firm mass. If still too wet, add between 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour a bit at a time until a firm mass; must not be crumbly.
6. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 2 balls and flatten into disc shapes.
7. Wrap with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 1 week.