Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars in a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides
of the mixing bowl so everything is evenly incorporated.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and mix on low
until everything is just incorporated, making sure not to overmix.
5. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes and up to 4
hours. While dough is chilling, place chocolate chips in a wide,
6. Scoop out a 1/4-cup size of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll it
around in the chocolate chips and place on a parchment-lined
7. Place 6 cookies on a sheet. Note- They will spread due to their
size, so it's better to bake fewer at a time so they don't run
Bake for 12-14 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges.
Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes
more. Remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a wire
rack to cool. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.
9. While cookies are cooling, go ahead and make the ganache. In a
small pot, bring cream to a low simmer.
10. Remove from heat and stir in bittersweet chocolate with a
wooden spoon until fully incorporated and all the chocolate is
melted. You should have a glossy chocolate mixture. Dip half of
each cooled cookie into the ganache and set on parchment paper to
dry. Refrigerate chocolate-dipped cookies for 20 minutes to set the