Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add
the vegetable oil until heated through.
2) Add the onion and green pepper. Fry until
softened, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the corned beef, thyme, and lime to the
pan, breaking up the corned beef as it cooks.
4) Allow the corned beef mixture to fry for
about 3 minutes, or until the beef and the
vegetables begin to come together. Stir in the
tomato paste, along with the crushed red
5) Optional- At this point, you may wish to add
in some water to make the corned beef mixture
6) Let the mixture blend together for another
1-2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper,
7) Serve warm with rice or grits.