1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoe (2 medium to large) halved lengthwise
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1 can (15oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
2 T. Adobo sauce, I used chipotle mayo
2 tsp. Ground cumin, 1tsp. chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
CABBAGE- PEPITA SLAW
1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
6 cups shredded cabbage (red,green, or combination)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 Clive garlic, minced, 3 T. Lime juice, 2 T. Olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/4 tsp. salt
Serve with buns, lettuce, guacamole and slaw
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment
2. Place the sweet potatoes cut side down on baking sheet.
Roast until soft to fork, 30 to 40 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the quinoa and
water. Bring to a boil over medium/high heat, then reduce the
heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer,
uncovered, until all of the water is absorbed, 10-15 min.
Remove the pan from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for
4. Once the sweet potatoes are cooled enough to handle,
remove the skin and discard. Roughly chop the sweet
potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
5. Add the cooked quinoa, black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic,
adobo sauce, cumin, chilli powder, and salt. Use a potato
masher or big spoon to mix really well. It's okay if the black
beans get smashed in the process. Sprinkle the oats over the
mixture and mix well with a big spoon until the mixture holds
together when you shape a portion into a patty.
1. In a small skillet, toast the seeds over medium heat, stir
often, until they turn golden on the edges and make little
popping noises, about 5 min.
2. Pour seeds into a large bowl, then add the cabbage,
cilantro, garlic,lime juice, olive oil,cumin,and salt.
3. Toss well, then set the bowl aside to marinate.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Veggie Burgers recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.