1. Drain and rinse canned beans - do not mix!
2. For each type of hummus, blend with a food
processor, emersion blender, or blender - extra
olive oil may be needed to make a smoother
3. How to make pita chips-
Ingredients- 3 packages of pita bread, 6 tbsp
olive oil, salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice each pita bread into 6-8 pieces, pie
- Toss pita bread, olive oil and salt together in
- Place seasoned pita slices onto a baking sheet
and bake for 8-10 minutes, until crispy.
You may need to stir or flip the pita at about 5
For traditional hummus-
1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp tahini paste
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
2 tbsp of olive oil (or more)
5 tsp cumin