STEP 1 1 1/2 to 2 cups of finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/4 to 1/2 cups sugar
6 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
STEP 2 FILLING
2 well beaten eggs
3/4 lb soft cream cheese - 3 bars at 250 grams each
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice or 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Favourite Fruit Cinnamon optional
STEP 3 SOUR CREAM GLAZE
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
Your choice of Fruit , strawberries, mandarines, etc, if you wish
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Stir together crushed cracker crumbs with sugar, butter and cinnamon until well combined.
- Press the rest into the bottom and sides of a spring-form pan. Chilling the crust preferred but not critical.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- Mix together all of the filling ingredients and pour into the shell.
Here you can add your favourit fruit,(drained), such as strawberries, canned mandarins, etc. Save some for decorating top of cake.
- If using mandarins you can also include zest from an orange for added flavour.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- Depending on how hot your oven is, you may have to add additional time for cooking, perhaps 5 minute increments. To check if cake is done poke a toothpick in and if it comes out clean its done.
- Let cool to room temperature
SOUR CREAM GLAZE TOPPING
Heat oven to 425.
- Mix together SOUR CREAM GLAZE ingredients and spread over the cake. - Bake about 5 minutes to glaze the cheesecake.
- Let cake cool,arrange strawberries, mandarin oranges, or whatever you like on top.
- Cool and refrigerate for 3plus hours before serving.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Dad's Sour Cream Cheesecake recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.