1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 cup cold water
1/8 teaspoon butter flavoring (optional)
salt, to taste
16 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
fresh parsley, snipped, divided
1. Blend cottage cheese with powdered milk until
2. Combine milk, garlic and cottage cheese
mixture in 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Heat until warm,
but do not boil.
3. Dissolve arrowroot in cold water. Stir or whisk
the cold mixture into, milk mixture.
4. Bring liquid to a simmer and simmer over low
heat 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly
thickened, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese,
salt and white pepper.
6. Stir until just combined. Overstirring can make
it thin again.
7. Toss with hot pasta; sprinkle with parsley. Serve
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Alfredo Sauce Made Lighter recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.