1. Sift the flour, sugar and salt together into a bowl.
2. Add the milk gradually, beating constantly.
3. Add the egg yolks 1 at a time and beat until well blended.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff and STIR 1/3 into the batter.
5. Carefully FOLD in the remainder egg whites.
6. Over moderately high heat, melt 1 Tablespoon butter in an 8 to 9 inch skillet with sloping sides.
7. When the butter is sizzling, pour in 1/2 the batter and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and slide it onto a plate.
9. Invert the pancake back into the skillet and cook about 1 minute until the underside is brown.
10. Invert onto a heating serving plate and keep warm.
11. Prepare the second pancake in the same manner.
12. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
13. Tear the pancakes into rough pieces with 2 forks and serve immediately.