Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Creamy Lemon-Yog
Entrees - Maindishes
8 ounces whole wheat linguine (or your pasta of choice)
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 medium (8-ounce) zucchini, cut into thin strips (3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide, like a big stick
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook
about 9 minutes, or according to the package directions. Remove
1/4 cup of the cooking water, and set it aside. Drain the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan,
lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the zucchini, and cook just until wilted, flipping them over
occasionally with a spatula. (The zucchini will be soft and
4. Use a spoon or spatula to push the zucchini aside so a space
on the bottom of the pan is clear. Add the garlic, and cook for 15
to 30 seconds, until golden but not really brown.
5. Mix the garlic into the zucchini.
6. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
7. Transfer the zucchini mixture to the yogurt mixture, and stir
to combine. Add the drained linguine, and toss gently to
combine. Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at
a time, if necessary, to thin it. Divide among four bowls and
Nutritional Info (Per Serving)- 303 calories, 7g fat, 14g protein, 49g
carbs and 255g sodium.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Creamy Lemon-Yog recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.