Making the mold-
1)Wrap the inside of a mixing bowl with a thin
layer of aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
2)Spread with a thick layer of pistachio ice
cream, covering the entire bowl.
3)Pack the ice cream tightly against the bowl.
4) Place entire bowl in freezer while you
prepare the sorbet mixture.
5) In a large bowl, gently combine the
chocolate morsels with the strawberry sorbet.
6) Spread strawberry mixture evenly over
pistachio ice cream; smooth top.
7)Cover bowl with foil and freeze until hard;
several hours or even overnight.
Serving the Cake-
1)To unmold the cake, gently invert the bowl
onto a plate; lift bowl gently.
2)Gently remove plastic wrap.
3)Smooth the surface of the ice cream with a
flat metal spatula that has been dipped in
4) If desired, pipe with white icing over
pistachio ice cream to decorate rind.
5) Before serving , wipe rim of plate with a
clean, damp cloth or a paper towel to remove
any melted ice cream or sorbet off the plate.