Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and
fat; add asparagus to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
Sprinkle pasta mixture with garlic; return to pan, and toss well.
3. Arrange pine nuts in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at
400° for 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring
occasionally. Place in a small bowl.
4. Increase oven temperature to 475°.
5. Arrange pancetta on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 475 degrees for 6
minutes or until crisp.
6. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a
whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with
pine nuts, pancetta, and cheese.