1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or
2. Place foil or paper baking cups in each of
20 regular-size muffin cups.
3. In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients
with electric mixer on low speed for 30 sec.;
Beat on medium speed for 2 min, scraping bowl
occasionaly; Divide batter among muffin cups.
4. Bake 18-23 min. or until toothpick inserted
in center comes out clean; Cool 10 min; Remove
cupcakes from pans to cooling racks; Cool
completely before icing.
1. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup shortening & 1/2
cup softened butter with electric mixer on low
speed until smooth.
2. Gradually add 4 cups of powdered sugar (1
cup at a time), beating until combined.
3. Add 1 Tblsp. strawberry margarita or
daiquiri mix & beat until blended.
4. Add enough of the remaining 1-3 Tblsp.
margarita mix, 1 tsp. at a time, beating until
frosting is light & fluffy.