½ tbsp freshly grated lemon zest, very finely chopped
6 tbsp orange juice or juice from the strawberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
2 tsp cornflour, dissolved in a little cold water or orange juice
100g caster sugar
1kg strawberries, cleaned and sliced
2 sheets gelatine
1-2 tbsp of lemon juice
350g cream cheese
225g caster sugar
300g thick Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1. For the biscuit layer, mix all the biscuit
ingredients together and reserve.
2. For the strawberry layer, place the lemon
juice and water into a small saucepan and mix
in the cornflour well.
3. Bring to the boil and when the cornflour is
dissolved, mix in the sugar and the
4. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar. Remove
from the heat, and allow to cool and thicken.
5. For the cheesecake mixture, soften the
gelatine in the lemon juice and a spoonful of
water if needed, for 3-5 minutes.
6. Heat the mixture gently over a low heat in
a small saucepan until the gelatine is
7. Meanwhile whisk the cream cheese and the
sugar in a mixer or blender on medium speed.
8. When the sugar is dissolved turn down the
speed and add the yoghurt and the gelatine.
9. When the mixture is blended together add
the vanilla extract.
10. To assemble, place the biscuit layer into
the base of six wine glasses, add a good dollop
of cheesecake mixture, then add some
strawberries. Chill the mixture for a few hours
and top with whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Strawberry cheesecake recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.