1 cup each diced celery, carrots, sweet pepper (not green)
1/2 cup each finely minced shallot, yellow onion
1/3 cup finely minced garlic
1 cup finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp lime zest
2-2.5 lbs ground beef (85/15)
2 lbs ground pork
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp dried basil leaves
2 tsps each crushed red pepper, onion powder, cumin
1 tbs granulated garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbs each sugar, salt
3-4 pieces white bread for 2 cups breadcrumbs needed
2 tbsp each fish sauce, soy sauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup clinary coconut milk
2 tsps tumeric
1. Melt coconut oil and sauté onion, shallot, celery, peppers, carrots, garlic until soft (about 15-20 minutes) over medium heat; do not caramelize, remove from pan and let cool.
2. In a spice grinder add all dried spices, salt, pepper and sugar process until very fine.
3. Place bread crumbs in a bowl and add coconut milk let sit for 5 min, stir occasionally to ensure even coating.
4. In a large mixing bowl add meats, beaten eggs, cilantro, lime zest, bread crumb mixture, dried spice mixture, mix thoroughly until well combined.
5. Add cooked veggies and mix again until well combined.
6. Let mixture rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375 F
8. Form and roll meat mixture into 1 to 1 1/4 ounce balls and arrange on foil lined cookie sheets.
9. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes until desired doneness is achieved.
10. Recipe makes approx. 85 to 95 cocktail size meatballs.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Thai Meatballs recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.